Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

     I am heading off to Naramata tomorrow for my annual retreat for the Family Support Institute. For those of you that don't know, I have a 12 year old son who is affected by autism. I have been a board member for the past 2 years now and I have enjoyed my term. I look forward to meeting new parents and connecting with friends that I have made over the years. I am also looking forward to some warm weather and flowers! I hope to be able to visit a few vineyards before my return!
     Last year at this retreat I was discussing art and painting with another mother and we both agreed that when we met again this year, we would have taken up our brushes and created some paintings to show eachother. I am excited to see my friend Alex and hope that she has been able to enjoy this passion again as well.
                                    "Colours on the Columbia"  12 x 24  acrylic
     I loved the vibrant fall colours on this panoramic view of the headwaters of the Columbia Lake. I took this eagles photograph on another part of the lake at a different time. I then decided to merge the two subjects and I am quite pleased with the end result. I completed this painting in March and have started to make prints that will be displayed for sale at the "Wings over the Rockies" event here in Canal Flats on Thursday and Friday, May 10th and 11th, 2012, at the seniors hall. Hope you can stop in for coffee or tea that day!

1 comment: