Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Welcome to my blog! I am very excited about it and would like to thank Paula Cravens for spending 3 hours with me the other day to set this up. I enjoyed the time and am very happy with the result. Please be sure to check out Paula's blog as well as Headwaters Art Society, there are a lot of talented people in our area!
        This is an acrylic painting on an 11 x 14 wood panel in progress.

                                                     Painting still in progress!

I took pictures of this Blue Jay in my Aunt's backyard in October of 2011. I was taking a workshop with Terry Isaac that week in Cranbrook and stayed at my Aunt's instead of travelling back and forth each day. We were enjoying a glass of wine on her patio when we noticed this Jay. He was rummaging around in the dead leaves and petals beneath the yellow mums. I was curious to see what he was doing. Once he had left I decided to inspect the area in which he'd just left and discovered that he had hidden an unshelled peanut beneath some leaves. I loved the look of the old wooden fence, it highlighted the colors of the flowers and the bluejay.

No comments:

Post a Comment